The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

William Tyner: The Newest Member of the Livingston School Board

Margo Munson
Student body president William Tyner at at an October school board meeting with current trustees Luke Jergensen and Emily Fabich. Voters will select three seats on the school board in May.

Park High School senior Willliam Tyner is the newest member of the Livingston Public Schools board. Tyner, who was appointed by the board unanimously at the September 12th meeting, will be the student delegate for Park High School. 

As student delegate, Tyner will help the voices of the students reach the administration. 

“When the school board does have certain policy decisions that will immediately affect students, I can put in my input and help the situation,” Tyner said in an interview. 

Board chair Signe Lahren brought up the idea of putting a student on the board as a resource, and the administration decided on William Tyner, who is also the Class President at Park High. 

“It’s not a student council position, it’s a board position, so it’s up to the board on who will be the student delegate,” Tyner added. 

Board member Robin Addicott stressed the importance of having a student delegate on the board. 

“Having a student representative on the school board will bridge the discussions of the school board to the student body,” Addicott said. “This is your school district and the decisions we make directly affect you, and having involvement will only make this school district stronger.” 

Tyner wants the Park High students to know that he will continue to serve them even more with his new position. 

“If there’s something that’s bothering them and something that needs to be addressed, they can tell me, and I can bring it to the board,” he said.