• March 22Email your spring break pictures to us at [email protected] and we will feature some on the website after break. Please include information for a caption.

Filed under News

Student teachers come to PHS

Leinee Smith
Julianne Harris in the gym.

Leinee Smith
Ms. Brown in the shop.

Angel Sherdahl
Larry Habermas

Harris, who is student teaching under Nancy Haglund and Brittney Hampson, is working to get her major in health enhancement and her double minor in family and consumer science. She takes interest in hunting, fishing and even cooking. She has played a lot of sports and coached, which lead to her choice of major. She had prior experience in teaching children about health enhancement before coming to Park as a student teacher.
Brown, who is student teaching under Industrial Technology teacher Jamie Isaly, likes to be more hands-on in the classroom, which influenced her decision to become an industrial technology teacher. Her dad also taught as a shop teacher. She is interested in baking and restoring her 1979 Corvette.
Habermas, who is student teaching under Health Enhancement teacher Nancy Haglund, is working to become a coach. He enjoys giving back and helping kids. He feels like it is an opportunity to give back to his teachers. Habermas used to teach in the military and helped teach at a Head Start. Previously he coached football and boxing.

About the Contributors
C.J. Olds, Reporter

I’m C.J. I’m interested in pursuing a career in teaching. I’m really into wildlife photography and art. I personally like writing more about news...

Leinee Smith, Reporter

I'm Leinee Smith, and I enjoy writing news articles for the school newspaper. After high school, I am going to college and later pursue a career in physical...