The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

A holiday tradition returns to the stage for the 15th year

A tradition for many people in Livingston is returning to the Shane Center this year. Friday, Dec. 8 marks the opening of the Shane Center’s 15th annual holiday vaudeville. Although the vaudeville only runs for two weekends, it is very popular among the community, with every show completely sold out. This year is no different; seats are quickly being filled and 13 vaudevillians are getting ready to perform comedic skits and spread holiday cheer.
Ethan Leuzinger, Park High alumni and Shane Center employee, is no stranger to the stage. This year is Leuzinger’s second vaudeville, and he is ready to rock the stage with a goal to “make it fun.” All the vaudevillians come up with their own pieces to perform with all the pieces being different each year except for “Have yourself a merry little Christmas,” which closes the show every year. Leuzinger says he starts to think of pieces to perform “whenever something pops into my head.”
If you have never seen a vaudeville, you may be wondering “why do so many people enjoy it?” Ava Petry, Park High senior and Shane Center intern, says that the vaudeville is “really interactive and has humor that people of all ages can appreciate.” Leuzinger says that it is “unlike a play, it is the actors on stage, not a character.” He also says that “the 4th wall behind the audience is making them a part of the show.”
Next year make sure to book your tickets early for the vaudeville, as you do not want to miss seeing one. You can join many people in Livingston and make it part of your holiday traditions.