• March 22Email your spring break pictures to us at [email protected] and we will feature some on the website after break. Please include information for a caption.

Park High students bring Beauty and the Beast to the stage

Leinee Smith, Geyser Staff Writer

The Shane Center is putting on a production of “Beauty and the Beast” throughout May.

“Beauty and the Beast” will be performed solely by Park High students. The lead roles are being performed by Clara Jones as Belle and Adam Lewis as the Beast. Jack Gauthier received the role of Gaston, which is the most difficult role he has played. “It contains the most lines and songs I’ve ever had. It’s what I’ve wanted ever since I started acting,” said Gauthier.

Beth Hewey plays Cogsworth, Gabe Nohl plays Lumiére, Brianna Pittman plays Babette, Izzi Petry plays Mrs. Potts, Jake Stringer plays Chip, and Angelica Crown plays Madame Bouche.

The cast consists of 34 Park High students. According to play director, Lynnette Evanson, this year was difficult during auditions. A total of 48 students auditioned, meaning 14 students were not cast.

Preparation for the performance began on March 11. Rehearsals occur every day from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Opening night for the production of “Beauty and the Beast” is May 3.

About the Writer
Leinee Smith, Reporter

I'm Leinee Smith, and I enjoy writing news articles for the school newspaper. After high school, I am going to college and later pursue a career in physical...