• March 22Email your spring break pictures to us at [email protected] and we will feature some on the website after break. Please include information for a caption.

Ranger golfers compete at the state tournament

Back to Article
Back to Article

Park High golfers participate at this year's state tournament.

Photo courtesy of Coach Cahoon

Photo courtesy of Coach Cahoon

Photo courtesy of Coach Cahoon

Eden Kirk, Geyser Staff Writer

Six Park High golfers placed in the top 15 at the Class A Divisionals Tournament on Sept. 21 in Havre, qualifying them for the state tournament in Hamilton.

Senior Romy Feltman led the Park High girls’ golf team at this year’s divisionals, scoring a 104 and finishing in fourth place. Kennedy Hader, Park High senior, placed 11th with a score of 128. Freshmen Annika Coleman and Ashlan Mortenson both shot 147, earning them the last two spots and qualifying them for State.

The Park High boys’ team was led by sophomore Bryce Hayes who shot a 90 and received fifth place. Tyler Strupp, Park High sophomore, earned 13th place with a score of 105, qualifying him for state.

The top two teams and the top 15 golfers on both the girls’ and boys’ teams qualified for state. Park High as a whole placed fourth out of a total of four teams that competed.

Divisionals had not been held in Havre since 2013. This caused many people to be unfamiliar with the course which affected overall scores. Hader and Hayes had both qualified for state before, but the other golfers had not.

The qualifying Park High golfers traveled to Hamilton to compete in the two-day state tournament on Sept. 28 and 29.

There were 66 girls competeing, and Romy Feldtman placed 23rd with an overall score of 202, shooting a 105 on the first day and a 97 on the second day. Kennedy Hader placed 38th with a final score of 216, scoring a 110 on day one and a 106 on day two. Ashlan Mortenson scored a 266 overall and placed 65th.

Out of the 64 boys who participated in the State tournament, sophomore Bryce Hayes placed 35th by shooting an 87 on day one and a 91 on day two, making his overall score a 178. Tyler Strupp received 52nd place with a final score of 192, shooting a 98 on the first day and a 94 on the second day.

About the Writer
Eden Kirk, Geyser Staff Writer

I'm Eden and I enjoy writing news articles. I am interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.