Senior class acts: fall sports

Park High’s soccer coach, Coach Carlos Pilicita nominated Cheyenne Siler to be the senior girl represented for fall sports. Cheyenne started playing soccer when she was 5 “but it didn’t seem like it was going to work out,” says Siler. Ever since she decided to quit playing soccer something changed her mind, and she was driven to become a better and more committed teammate and player. “There is no specific person who has kept me playing, just the love of the sport,” said Siler. After high school Cheyenne plans to play at Central Wyoming College for two years then hopefully find another school to play at. Cheyenne also said, “I don’t know what the next steps will be but I know that soccer will be a part of my life.”
Football Coach Nick Coate nominated Cole Bartz as a Class Act. Cole Bartz has been playing football since before he could remember and has continued to play his whole life. Cole’s father was an inspiration to him and to his brother, as he played football his whole life.. “I first started playing flag football at six all the way into fourth grade,” said Bartz. After fourth grade Cole would travel over to Bozeman every day to play tackle football. Cole also said, “Going into high school I felt like I was very prepared and up for the challenge. I was not nervous because I have been playing football for a very long time and I have been putting in the hard work.”
During the summer between 8th grade and freshman year Cole said he was either running or in the weight room. Cole plans on attending Rocky Mountain College next year to continue his journey in football. “I will play the buck position which is a linebacker and d-line mix with hopes of possibly being good enough to make it to the NFL.” Cole says that he believes this is possible because of the hard work and dedication he has put into football.