Park High Athlete on Verge of Breaking School Record

Park High senior pole vaulter Asa Duncan is on the verge of breaking the Park High school pole vault record. Duncan had tried for the record two times so far this year, coming up just short both times. Duncan, who is ranked number one in Class A pole vault with a personal best of 14 feet,is going for the record one last time at the Class A state meet to try and break the Park High record of 14’ 6” set by Carter Bartz back in 2022. Duncan has cleared the 14 foot mark twice this year in meets, those jumps being at the Billings invite in Lockwood and the Joe Tacke invitational in Livingston.
Asa has competed in Park High track all of the four years that he has been in high school. All four years that he has competed, he has qualified for the state meet in the pole vault. When asked how it feels knowing that he could break the school record at any meet, Duncan replied “I really hope that I do break the record, but you know if I don’t, it is what it is and life will go on. I don’t want to be known for what I did in high school.”
Duncan is also one of the front runners to win the state championship in pole vault this track season. For a good majority of the season he has been tied for number one in class A with a height of 14 feet. Asa was asked how it feels knowing that he is tied at the top and his response was “Being number one in the state has honestly not affected me. I think that people get too caught up in their rankings. To me all that matters at the end of the day is what I do at state and where I place there.”
Asa has put together quite a track season for his last go-round with the Park High team. Asa will compete at the state meet in Laurel May 23 after his recent win at the Eastern A divisional meet.