Seniors reveal summer plans for work and outdoor activities

Summer break is approaching, and graduation is right around the corner, bringing a mix of excitement, nostalgia, freedom, and adventures right to our front door.
Some students plan on working like senior Silas Hjortsberg. “I’m gonna get my money up!” he said. Hjortsberg will be applying to work at Gil’s Goods as “whatever they need me for”. He just wants to work and make money while enjoying his summer. He also plans to go outside and do backpacking and camping trips while also hanging out with his friends, having fun and getting ready for college.
Senior Aidan Higgins intends to continue working at Dan Bailey’s. He would like to do some river trips to fish and camp. He would like to have some of them to maybe be out of state but he mentioned that it would be nowhere too far because of his love for the Northwest.
Senior Charlie Vermillion plans to work at Dan Bailey’s and spend time outside camping, fishing and skateboarding. “I’ll maybe do some traveling but I am unsure, we’ll see what happens,” he said.
Senior Emily Jesson will be working for Fisher Sand and Gravel and on her family’s ranch to hay. She hopefully plans on planning trips to lakes and some backpacking trips in the mountains.
Senior Paul O’Hair will be rodeoing every weekend all over the state of Montana. To prepare for these events, he will be bucking horses on his ranch. In addition, he mentioned that he will be spending time outside training colts.
Senior Zoey Payne will feed goats, chickens, and horses for her neighbor everyday while raising her 4H Steer. She plans on working for Dawn Josephine Jewelry on top of babysitting two days a week. She looks forward to spending time with her sister and welcoming her nephew to the world.
Some of our students are venturing out of state for unique experiences. Senior Vay O’Brien, for instance, is heading to Colorado to live in a van in Salida and work as an intern ranger on the Arkansas River. Senior Phoenix Pfohl has some exciting plans too, some of which are stressful like having knee surgery and attending AIT (Advanced Individual Training) for the national guard in Georgia. She’s also preparing for college, adding to the anticipation of her summer.
This summer break holds the promise of excitement and new adventures for our graduating students. Many are working to earn money and gain experience, while others are wishing to explore the great outdoors with camping, backpacking, and fishing trips. Whether it’s close to home or out in the wilderness, this summer is set to be a fun-filled period, brimming with adventures and opportunities.