The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

Students get creative with Promposals

Alivia Duffy
Dossie Etheridge shows the props required for his elaborate Promposal.

This year’s 2024 Junior and Senior prom was on Saturday, April, 27, but it started many days before that. Prom is not just about the event but also about the preparation. You have to buy a dress or suit, brush your hair or do makeup, and get a date. This year there were a lot of very creative promposals.
Junior Nick Smith asked Senior Alphia Fanuzzi to prom on her birthday with a sign saying “Prom would be a masterpiece with you by my side.” He also added lots of inside jokes to the sign and drew the Disney princess Rapunzel’s tower.
Senior Cole Bartz asked Junior Megan Ruebusch by going to her house with a calf and a sign saying “I would have a cow if you said yes, prom?”
Holden Bankert asked Haley Tuccillo by making a scavenger hunt of all the places they have beautiful memories at and it led to his asking her to prom.
Senior Aidan Higgins asked senior Scarlett Welch by breaking into her home and holding a sign saying “Prom? Aidan H” and waited till she got home to ask.
Senior Dossie Etheridge asked Junior Alivia Duffy by holding match sticks and Starbucks in his hand. On the matchsticks he wrote, “Since we are always a perfect match, will you be my prom date?” He took all the matches out but two and wrote yes on one and no on the other.
Overall, this year’s Prom was a success. It was Viva Las Vegas themed and there were balloons everywhere with a photo booth and DJ.