New ag teacher eager to join Park High staff in the fall

Courtesy Photo
New Park High Ag teacher.

Brent Beley was hired as the new Ag teacher for the coming school year at Park High.
Beley was born and raised in Big Timber, Montana on his family’s ranch. He grew up involved in many activities including 4-H and then joined the FFA team in high school and competed on the mechanics team, sales team, marketing team, livestock team, and forestry team. He then became chapter president for FFA. He graduated from Sweet Grass County High School in 2015.
Beley later went on to study agriculture at Montana State University. He chose to study agriculture because his high school Ag teacher inspired him to. He was involved in many organizations while attending MSU. Beley was also involved in collegiate FFA as treasurer and helped organize apparel sales and other FFA activities.
Sophomore Kameryn Miller says “I am excited for what he is going to bring and he is going to open up more opportunities for us for FFA.” Miller also said that she thinks the new teacher is going to hold students to higher standards and that it will be good for the people who care about FFA.
Beley is now in his fourth year of teaching in Harlowton. In an email interview, Beley said that he decided he wanted a change of scenery and chose to come to teach in Livingston. He is excited to come to a bigger school and focus more on the FFA program and not get pulled into other activities. Beley is happy to be closer to his childhood home and be able to help his family in the fall with the ranch. He hopes that working on a ranch will help him engage more with the students. Beley’s goals are to understand the skills that the students want to learn and help establish a culture of service in the program.
“The motto that I have developed for the programs I have had in the past is if we work hard, we play hard,” said Beley. He wants the kids to put in the work in the classroom and at contests. FFA and Ag classes have helped him develop into the person he is today. He wants this program to help kids do what they love, learn new things, and experience everything. Beley says he can’t wait to meet the members at the chapter banquet and hopes that Park High students take all the Ag classes that they can.