The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

Seniors who join a sport for the first time

Aidan Higgins
Senior Lyle McCormick competes in the long jump at a Lewistown track meet this spring.

This year, there are a few first-timers to Park High sports who are trying to learn and pick up a new hobby and help with our athletics. This has been seen in not just one, but pretty much all sports this year.
On the football field this year we saw some new faces who showed true toughness and grit for their first time. These are ones like Tyler Grenier, who stepped up and played a major role to our football program this year by playing running back, rushing for over 500 yards and playing safety all year long. “I really wish I would’ve been playing a long time ago,” said the senior. Another role player on the gridiron was Kyan Meservey, playing defensive end and showing flashes of greatness on the offensive side of the ball as well. These two seniors came to work and showed greatness and needed effort to the team.
Now if we take it over to the Track and Field side, we have a few new additions as well. One of these newcomers to the sport is senior Charlie Vermillion, as he’s competing in men’s shot put and running events like the 300 meter hurdles, 400 meter and more. Then we have senior Lyle McCormick who also competes in events like long jump and then running events like the 400 meter dash and 110 hurdles. Lastly, Magnus Sloth Huss is also participating in track for the first time doing the 100 meter, 200 meter, 4 by 1 and occasionally 4 by 4. “I love going to track meets with my friends and improving my athleticism,” the senior from Denmark said.
We also saw new players on the tennis court with seniors Ethan Coleman and Terry Gasparakis putting in work and grinding to make the team better. Park High is loving these new faces and will always accept late bloomers.