Las Vegas-themed Prom comes to life thanks to student committee

Victoria Gasparakis
Senior Dawn Knecht’s mother generously donated three charcuterie boards, pictured here, for the dance attendees to enjoy.

On a night filled with glitz, glamour, and a touch of rock ‘n’ roll, the 2024 prom transported Park High upperclassmen to the world of Las Vegas. With the theme “Viva Las Vegas,” students partied in a venue inspired by the iconic city and the legendary Elvis Presley. In previous years, the entire student council worked together to plan prom. This year, a prom committee made up of seniors Fiona Alverson, Vicki Gasparakis, Dawn Knecht, Gracie Robinson, and junior Alice Addicott, planned the event in its entirety. Senior Fiona Alverson, who headed the committee, says, “I think it went great! We had a lot of great people on the team. We all kind of worked together and created a great prom. We definitely could have used more people though.”
Junior Molly Arturburn says, “I thought it was really fun but I do not think I liked the Civic Center as much as a venue because the bigger area made it less good for dancing
At the Civic Center, students stepped onto the red carpet and posed at the photo booth, capturing memories that would last a lifetime. As the night continued, students showcased their best moves, channeling the energy of the city that never sleeps.
Adding to the evening, senior Dawn Knecht’s mother donated three charcuterie boards, offering a wide array of cheeses, meats, fruits, and nuts. Paired with refreshing drinks and snacks, it was the perfect complement to an unforgettable night of festivities.
Overall, the 2024 prom “Viva Las Vegas” was a dazzling success, leaving everyone in attendance with memories of a lifetime. As Elvis Presley famously sang, “Viva Las Vegas,” indeed!