The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

Intensity was the name of the game against Hardin Bulldogs

Last Friday the Park High Varsity boys team took on the Hardin Bulldogs. Houston Dunn, Alec Dalby, Lliam Edwards, Ryan Miller, and Jon Durgan started for the Rangers. The boys came out with intensity from the start.Miller hit a three which set the pace for the rest of the game. This game was especially important for the junior Tristan Watts, who was out on suspension.
The game was back and forth from the beginning; the Rangers started the game with intensity and determination to win it. Five minutes into the game, junior Jon Durgan took an intense charge but continued to play through it. Senior Alec Dalby received a double technical in the first quarter which sent junior Tristan Watts to the foul line, and Hardin Bulldog Armajo to shoot his free throws for the Bulldogs. At the end of the first quarter the Rangers were up 19-13 against the Bulldogs.
Starting the second quarter, senior Kimball Smith struggled getting across the timeline, while the Hardin Bulldogs double teamed Smith. Coach Rosberg called a timeout and the boys figured out their press breaker. The Hardin Bulldogs pulled ahead as the boys were struggling with handling the ball and some boys getting into foul trouble.Two key players for the Rangers, senior Alec Dalby and senior Houston Dunn fouled out. The Rangers’ defense was intense and flustered Hardin, but the ref calls were not in favor of the Rangers. The Boys Varsity team ended with a loss.
Sophomore Lliam Edwards “said, “ Going into the next game, we need to play a complete game.” Sophomore Weston Vincent ”said, “The game was a step in the right direction for our program.” Both boys are optimistic for the remainder of their season. The Park High Boys play East Helena on February 8.