Seniors celebrate athletic and academic achievements with signing day

Houston Dunn, Tyler Grenier, Cole Bartz, and Cheyenne Siler all sign their commitment letters to play college sports.

Four Park High seniors etched their names into the future Jan. 31 by signing to their future schools for both academics and athletics. The athlete signing day is an annual at Park High School where students who have committed to universities for both athletics and academics get to celebrate their future by officially signing with their school. Families, friends, coaches and students all attend the event held in the school gym where they can watch the ceremony.
Houston Dunn, Cheyenne Siler, Cole Bartz and Tyler Grenier all participated in the athlete signing day. Dunn, who is going to play golf for Central Wyoming, played three different sports for Park High and looks to take his talents on the course to the next level in college. Dunn says the recruitment process was easy and less stressful than expected. “The coach was super nice, and they have a great course to play on,” Dunn stated, a large reason he chose Central Wyoming. He looks to improve his short game before the upcoming collegiate season.
Cheyenne Siler is taking her talents to Wyoming too, where she will be attending Central Wyoming to play soccer. Siler says, “They gave me the best scholarship and I love the campus as well as the team.” Playing soccer at the next level will be a big step for Cheyenne but it is one she is ready to make.
Cole Bartz, who is signing to Rocky Mountain College for football, not only has talents on the field but also boasts a 4.0 GPA in the classroom. “Rocky has a great culture and coaching staff,” Bartz said, which moved him to choose Rocky. Bartz believed the recruiting process was stressful at first but was easy once he got in contact with the Rocky coaches. Bartz also looks to train extra hard this offseason to prepare for the faster play he will experience in college.
Signing for track and field, Tyler Grenier chose Montana State University Billings as his future college. “The coaches were very welcoming and staying close to home was a plus,” said Grenier. Unlike the other athletes, Tyler has yet to compete for his sport in his senior season where he will compete in the 100 and 200m dash. Grenier looks to continually improve his times in preparation for college and help the team succeed in high school.
As these four athletes look for success in the next level, they will continue to work on their craft in order to become their best selves.