Seniors dominate dodgeball tournament

Schoolwide assembly a reward for Ranger Moments milestone
Senior Kimball Smith winds up to launch a dodgeball at the freshmen team
A crowd of students pack the stands at the assembly
Park staff prepares to face off against the seniors
Strength and conditioning coach Mr. Hahn
fires a ball at the seniors in the staff versus senior game

Freshman Brentin Allgood faces off against the juniors in the first round

Members of the Park High band play music during the assembly
Seniors using their speed to gain the edge on the staff
Senior Cole Bartz faces history teacher Mr. Neibauer in a one on one shoot out
Members of the 2023 senior “dream team” celebrate their victory
Park students watch in awe at the cinema of dodgeball events unfolding in front of them

On Tuesday December 19, Park High called together its students and staff to exhibit the peak of physical activity, dodgeball. The Rangers were awarded with the assembly because of their Ranger Moment recognitions given out to students who fill the role of a model student and the expectations that come with.

The matchups consisted of the freshmen class facing the juniors, and the sophomores versus the seniors. The stage was set and the rules were simple: if you’re hit, you’re out. The freshmen came out hot and took care of the juniors, advancing them to the next game. The matchup between the seniors and sophomores was back and forth with both teams taking blows. Eventually the seniors finished the job and advanced to the next round against the freshmen.

It came down to the last man in this one with a shoot out between the teams. After minutes of back and forth shots, the seniors took the game and would face the staff in the final game. Despite some questionable honesty on the staff side they were good sportsmen and showed good heart on the floor. The seniors showed full control and strength in the win over the staff exhibiting exceptional  fundamentals and class.