The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

Boys basketball is optimistic about the upcoming season

Park high basketball season is just around the corner. There have been multiple open gyms over the past week and recently they had their first official practice of the season. Before practice there was a mandatory meeting to see who made the teams. During the tryout there were about 42-47 players that tried out but only 30 of them made the team. Ryan Miller (senior) said “ Tryouts had a great turnout.”

Lliam Ewards (sophomore) said “ I have high hopes for this season.” He feels that with the new coach, coach Rosberg, that has more experience could be very helpful. Edwards is looking forward to watching his team strive to win this season. “ When seeing my teammates at practice work hard, I feel more confident about the season,” said Edwards. 

“ We are all doing as much as we can to make it a good season,” said Jon Durgan (junior). Durgan attended every open gym this year to improve his technique and be ready for tryouts. Durgan said that he wasn’t too worried about tryouts but he still wanted to perform to his best ability. He mentions multiple times that he is very excited to play this year. 

Tristan Watts (junior) said that so far the varsity team had been working on starting an offense and defense during their practices. Watts says that this is a big focus right now because without an offensive defense you can’t really play basketball. Practicing this with a coach who has a lot of experience could really help the team. Watts is very thrilled  and looking forward to playing basketball.

December 5 is the boys’ first home game of the season, playing against Big Timber, so come out and support your fellow Rangers.