The Student News Site of Park High School - MT

The Geyser

The Geyser

The Geyser

Rangers shine at Bobcat Field in exciting game under the stadium lights

Team claws their way back in second half
Erika Haines
Running back Tyler Grenier breaks through the line, rushing for the endzone, but fell short by 20 yards going into halftime.

Livingston fans packed the stands at Bobcat Stadium Friday night to cheer on their fellow Rangers in a close match against the Butte Central Maroons.

After a first half where the Maroons scored a touchdown and Park struggled to get on the scoreboard, the Rangers went into the locker room at half time and came out energized. “I think we came out more enthusiastic,” said middle linebacker and right guard Cole Bartz.

Ryan Bauer blocked a punt in the endzone and Tucker Shepardson recovered the ball for the Rangers’ first touchdown in the third quarter.

Late in the fourth quarter, with Butte Central leading 21-7, Ryan Miller returned a kickoff for a touchdown, making the game within reach for the first time all night, 21-14.

Park recovered an onside kick for a last-second attempt at victory, but they fell short with an interception.

Fans and family were invited onto the field after the game to celebrate the unique opportunity of playing at Bobcat Stadium.

“After the game, it hit me that, I did that in the Bobcat Stadium.  Not many people are gonna be able to get that opportunity,” Miller said.

Running back, Tyler Grenier, races past Butte Central competitor. (Erika Haines)
Ryan Bauer, senior, takes down Butte Central competitor at MSU Stadium. (Erika Haines)
Quarterback, Ryan Miller, dashes up the middle for a first down at Bobcat Stadium. (Erika Haines)
Senior Tucker Shepardson, reaches for pass on the big stage of MSU Stadium. (Erika Haines)
Senior Meryl Sexton carries out the American Flag for the National Anthem at MSU Stadium. (Erika Haines)

View Comments (1)