Cheerleader Check-In

Erika Haines
Savanah Burns is supported by fellow senior cheerleaders during the half time performance at MSU Stadium, October 6, 2023.

With Park High activities in full swing, the Park High cheerleaders have started to assemble their team. Senior cheerleader Ella Wood is excited about the four new members of their squad. The cheerleaders play a big role in school spirit and creating a positive environment for Park High, so it’s very important to have a big team to push in that direction.  This year’s team of eight consists of four seniors and four freshmen.

The team is lead by Head Coach Adria Rodgers, who is in her first formal year as head coach. Coach Rodgers says, “I love seeing the success after a week’s hard work during their halftime performances.”

Rodgers talks about the cheerleaders’ goals, one of which is wanting to get back into stunting. They hope to have a halftime routine for every game. The cheerleaders still are learning new things, working to the larger goal of going to divisionals and performing on the big stage. 

Rodgers states, “I think they should be at the forefront of cheer and spirit. We want to rally the crowd up and get them going. I think they are leaders in the classroom and on the field.” 

Senior Savannah Burns says, “It’s more fun when the student section gets involved and is energetic.” 

They want everyone to attend events and join in on the cheering. The Park High cheerleading team helps us share our Park High pride and be proud of it. The Park High cheerleaders encourage you to come out and help support your fellow Rangers.