New Student Teacher Joins Park High

New+student+teacher+Mr.+Tyner+is+excited+to+greet+his+second+period+class.+
Cole Bartz
New student teacher Mr. Tyner is excited to greet his second period class.

You might have seen a new face around the halls of Park High. It may even resemble one of the students around here. It is class of 2015 Park High alumni Tyrell Tyner, known as Mr. Tyner the student teacher to most of us, but also brother to student council president William Tyner. 

During his time at Park High, Tyner discovered a liking for Social Studies. Some of the teachers who inspired him are World Language teacher Daniel McGrath, Social Studies teacher Bryan Beitel and English teacher Kelly Dick. But that was not the full inspiration that led to him to teaching. His mother, a 2nd grade teacher at Arrowhead for many years, also impacted his decision. In his words, “She has always been a positive influence in my life.” 

After graduating from Park High,  Tyner started at Gallatin College and will be finishing his studies this December at Montana State University. For now he is spending his time as a Student Teacher for both  Beitel and Kyle Neibauer. “He’s catching on quick. I think he does a great job,” said Beitel. 

Tyner begins his day observing Beitel as he teaches his first government class. The next period he then teaches the same content but in his own way. Later in the day he spends time teaching under Neibauer’s supervision. When asked about his teaching style he states, “I really like the sort of lecture method like Mr. Bausch and now Mr. Neibauer go in to.”

If everything goes his way, maybe someday he’ll be a professor or be an advisor for historical films which are two of his dream jobs. But for now we will still get to see him around the halls.  

Mr. Tyner finds a special interest in teaching about the Civil War and the 20th century. To him teaching history is like “Telling a story.” Mr. Tyner spends his free time hanging out with his family, which includes his wife and young son, getting outside and even painting depictions of historical events.