Free money isn’t as far-fetched as it sounds

Did you know there is $250,000 in scholarships waiting for you? Just stop by the counselor’s office and ask for help. It only takes a few minutes of your time and it will surely benefit you.

Rose Fanuzzi, a senior at Park High School, says “I would say scholarships are important for me as an individual to apply to because they are an excellent motivator for me to keep on participating in activities and keeping my grades up in my last semester of high school. They are a great reminder to keep on creating my best work and to show it off.”

Gabriel Holmes, another senior at Park High, says “Scholarships provide me the opportunity to avoid going $80,000 deep in debt and crawling out of that hole would take so long that I don’t even want to think of how old I’d be by the time I’d pay it off.” Most local scholarships do not have deadlines until April, so there is still plenty of time to apply.

Additionally, it does not matter what school you decide to go to or if you decide not to go to school at all after high school. Whether you choose to pursue higher education or jump into the workforce, there is undoubtedly a scholarship for you. Abby Kinsey, a guidance counselor at Park High School, says “There are truly scholarships for everyone, no matter what post-secondary education you are looking at, but you can’t win if you don’t play. You have to APPLY-no one is just going to hand it to you.”

No matter what you choose to pursue, there is a scholarship with your name on it. Associations and community members still want to support hard-working students in all capacities, regardless of academic standing. Currently, there is a scholarship on the list that requires a GPA of 3.00 or lower.

Scholarships are basically free money for students. The class of 2020 made over $1,000,000 in scholarships. The highest amount of scholarships awarded to a class was nearly $2,000,000, given to the class of 2016. Set a goal to blow that number out of the water. So what are you waiting for? Stop by the counselors’ office and start applying for endless opportunities today.