Homecoming returns with a full slate of events

Stella Edwards

Junior boys line up to start the first round of dodgeball at the assembly Thursday. The victors, the seniors, will face a teacher team next Friday.

Homecoming is the week of pure team spirit. There is a lot of excitement for this year’s Homecoming, which starts Oct. 4, especially because last year’s  celebration was divided into A and B groups and the dress up days and royalty nominations were the only events that happened.

This year has all of the events and more, and votes for a homecoming King and Queen are already in motion after nominees were announced at Thursday’s pep assembly.

Student Council, under the leadership of new advisor Alyssa Sylvia, has been working for weeks on the Homecoming events. A variety of activities will happen at the pre-game barbeque on Friday. Some of the new activities being introduced to this year include a rock wall, a bouncy house, and a 40-foot obstacle course.  After the football game, a neon-themed dance will occur.

” My main goal is to get you students involved,” said Sylvia. After last year’s cancelled events, Sylvia said she wants to make this year different and bring students together. “I just want an area where students feel comfortable and want to be,” she explained.  

Homecoming week starts on Monday, October 4 and ends Friday, October 8. Each day has a special dress-up theme and events scheduled. 

• Monday is Pajama Day as well as Iron Man Volleyball 
  • Tuesday is Hawaiian Day as well as the soccer games with girls’ soccer at 4-6 p.m. and boys’ soccer at 6-8 p.m. 
  • Wednesday is Federal Holiday Day as well as the Powderpuff game 
  • Thursday is Era/Toga Day as well as the Volleyball game at 4-9 p.m. 
  • Friday is the Purple and Gold Day, the parade, the football game at 6-8:30 p.m., and the Homecoming Dance following the game. 

In Sylvia’s words, “Go Big or Go Home”!