Mr. PHS 2020: The contestants who never had their moment to shine

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Once a year, Park High’s finest volunteer to strut their stuff and share their talents on stage in the Mr. PHS contest, an annual fundraiser for the Business Professionals of America chapter.  In 2020, school closures and COVID-19 restrictions kept these aspiring individuals from competing, but the Geyser wanted to give you a look at what might have been.

Ten males from the senior class who said they would have competed in Mr. PHS 2020 completed the application questionnaire, and here are their answers.  After carefully considering what they would have offered, vote in our poll to decide who should have been named Mr. PHS 2020!

Jeffery Greear

Jeffrey  “Jeff” A. Greear was born on May 26, 2002 in Livingston, Montana, making him 17 years old. He is 5’8’’ with brown hair and hazel eyes. Greear’s favorite place for a special meal is the gazebo at Sacagawea Park. His favorite song is “Artesia” by Drex Carter and his favorite romantic movie is “Your Name” and “The Great Gatsby.” The people that have been his biggest inspiration are Mrs. Mussetter and Mrs. J. “They’ve been there for me and have raised my head when I’ve been down,” Greear said. His biggest pet peeve is people walking behind him because it makes him nervous. Greear’s most embarrassing moment was when he went to school in just his boxers in Minnesota. His biggest goal is to start a family with his ideal spouse who would be funny and have a personality that would shine through everything. If he had one day left to live, he would right all of his wrongs. Greear’s favorite hobbies are video games, music, and drawing tattoos. For his talent in the Mr. PHS competition, he would have drawn a quick tattoo. He would make his grand entrance wearing his everyday look, shorts and a hoodie. Greear would wear floral trunks, a white t-shirt, and an unbuttoned floral shirt for the swim competition.

Nicholas Mathias Battrick, aka Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick Nickelodeon, was born on May 13, 2002 in Livingston, Montana, making him 18-years-old. He is 6’3’’ with ocean blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. His favorite songs are “20 Min” and “XO Tour Life” by Lil Uzi Vert. Battrick’s favorite romantic movie is “Hitch” and his favorite meal for a special occasion is a happ

Nick Battrick

y meal. Basketball, video games, flirting, and being cute are his favorite hobbies. His biggest inspiration is Ed Brown because he doesn’t give up on love and his biggest pet peeve is people that chew with their mouths open. Battrick’s most embarrassing moment was when Eli blocked him really hard in front of the entire volleyball team his sophomore year. In highschool, he participated in basketball and track. His future goals is to acquire the bag (get money). Battrick’s ideal spouse would be interested in similar things as him, funny, athletic, and a cutie. In the Mr. PHS contest, he would have worn dress pants and a bow tie(no shirt) for his grand entrance and pink swim trunks for the swim competition. He would have had a dunk competition against Brendan for his talent.

Chase Petrulis

Chase Reed Petrulis is 5’10’’ with hazel eyes and brown hair. He is 18 and was born on February 16, 2002 in Bozeman, Montana. His favorite romantic movie is “La La Land” and his favorite place for a special meal is a park bench. Petrulis’ biggest inspiration is Ewan McGreggor. Working with computers, singing, and playing guitar are his favorite hobbies. His biggest pet peeves are people who take up two parking spaces and people who don’t watch crosswalks. Wearing a man satchel for two years is his most embarrassing moment. “It wasn’t embarrassing during, but boy do I regret it now,” Petrulis said. He participated in BPA, TSA, Youth Ledge, FCCLA (kind of), Chamber Choir, Soccer, and Cross Country in high school along with being in school plays. His ideal spouse is compassionate and has a sense of humor. If Petrulis had one day left to live, he would spend it going to Rob’s show. In the Mr. PHS competition, Petrulis would have brought the D-Pod Boys back together and done one last dance. He would make his grand entrance wearing a referee vest over a long sleeve button up and shorts. For the swim competition, he would have worn a grass skirt, a coconut bra, and a lei on his head.

David Harlan Durgan is 18 and was born on May 5, 2002 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. His nicknames are Dirty Dave and D

David Durgan

r. Durgan. He is 5’10’’ with luscious, wavy, brown hair and tree bark brown eyes. Durgan’s favorite song is “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce and his favorite romantic movie is “50 First Dates.” His favorite place for a special meal is McDonald’s. Mr. Lende’s encouragement is Durgan’s biggest inspiration. His biggest pet peeve is when his brother doesn’t put

the cap on the toothpaste. He has participated in basketball, track and field, cross country, NHS, and peer tutoring in high school. Dr. Durgan’s future goal is to become an actual doctor. His ideal spouse is Taylor Swift. Durgan’s favorite hobby is Clash of Clans. If he had one day left to live, Durgan would rob a bank. For the Mr. PHS competition, he would have made a grand entrance in a leopard print speedo and worn socks for the swim competition. He was going to impress the judges by eating fire as his talent.

Israel Hinojosa Tinajero is 18 and was born on February 25, 2002 in Dillon, Montana. He is 5’10’’ with black hair and brown eyes.

Israel Hinojosa

His favorite song is “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay. “Warm Bodies” is his favorite romantic movie. His favorite place for a special meal is the Mexican Restaurant. Old Tom Lane Senior is his biggest inspiration because “he showed me how to work hard for everything that you have a passion for and to not listen to what everyone else says.” His favorite hobby is working on his truck to make it look nice while spending time with his friends and family. In high school, he participated in FFA. His future goals are to become a good mechanic and go to John Deer college. If he had one day left to live, he would have a good time and do a lot of fun stuff. In the Mr. PHS competition, he would have impressed the judges by driving up in a John Deer tractor with a gator while wearing a John Deer outfit that is sharp and clean.

Robert “Rob” Allen Wolf was born on August 29, 2001 in Columbia, Maryland, making him 18-years-old. He is 6’3’’ with hazel

Rob Wolf

eyes and brown hair. Wolf’s favorite song is “This Old Guitar” by John Denver and his favorite romantic movie is “Everything, Everything.” His favorite thing to eat for a special meal is pizza. Luke Combs is Wolf’s biggest inspiration because he started singing at local bars like Wolf, and now, Combs is one of the most famous country singers in country music right now. Hunting, fishing, baseball, and playing guitar are his favorite hobbies. His biggest pet peeves are when people flick his hat off his head and when being called Bob because it makes him feel like he is 70-years-old. Wolf’s most embarrassing moment was when he sunk his truck in the Three Forks Pond while getting his boat out of the water last July. His future goals are to move to Nashville and pursue his dream of making it big in the music industry. Wolf’s ideal spouse would be funny, loyal, and not afraid to explore and get out of their comfort zone. If he had one day left to live, he would go skydiving, say goodbye to his loved ones, and have a big sell out performance. At school, he participates in Chamber Choir and would have sung Highway 20 Ride by Zac Brown Band as his talent in the Mr. PHS competition. He would have made his grand entrance in a “super snazzy tux that catches the eye” and worn a normal bathing suit for the swim competition, but he would have oiled his body like bodybuilders do.

Rylee Watt

Rylee Jacob Watt was born on June 25, 2002 in Livingston, Montana, making him 17-years-old. His nicknames are Ry and Ginge. He is 6’3’’ with blue eyes and firey red hair. Watt’s favorite songs are “Jump” by DaBaby and “Out Of Love” by Lil Tecca. His favorite romantic movie is “The Kissing Booth.” For a special meal, his favorite restaurant is Matt’s Meats. His biggest inspiration is Dennis Rodman because he is a hard worker. Video games and sports are Watt’s favorite hobbies. His biggest pet peeve is silverware scraping and when his phone says he has service when he doesn’t. His future goal is to be rich. Watt’s ideal spouse is his girlfriend Cassiday. If he had one day left to live, he would be with his family and party. In the Mr. PHS contest, he would have worn Hawaiian gear, a bucket hat, and shades for his grand entrance and swim trunks for the swim competition. His talent would have been chugging a drink.

18-year-old Sage Hunter McMinn, aka McChin, was born on August 8, 2001 in Bozeman, Montana. He is 6’6’’ with dark, black hair and hazel eyes. His favorite song is “I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys and his favorite romantic movie is “The

Sage McMinn

Kissing Booth” because “it slaps.” McMinn’s biggest inspiration is his girlfriend Shelby because she is always there for him. His favorite place for a special meal is Neptunes. Baseball is his favorite hobby and playing in the MBL is his future goal. During his highschool career, he played basketball and football. His most embarrassing moment was messing up the dance at the lip sync battle. McMinn’s biggest pet peeve is fake friends. His ideal spouse would be pretty, smart, and funny. If he had one day left to live, he would die a happy man. In the Mr. PHS competition, he planned on making a grand entrance in his baseball gear and wearing a onesie for the swim competition. As for his talent, he was going to make a Tik Tok.

Scott Benton Tatum, born on August 20, 2001 in Livingston, is 18. Tatum has many nicknames including Scotty, Scooter, Scote, and Taturtot. He is 6’3’’ with brown hair and brown eyes. His favorite romantic show is “The Bachelor”and his favorite place for a special

Scott Tatum

meal is Rib and Chop. Tatum’s biggest inspiration is Forrest Gump because “he shows how life can be and how kindness leads us to great things,” he said. His biggest pet peeves are hypocrites, when water gets in his waders, and when his cat steps on his keyboard when he is doing homework. Fishing, tennis, golf, axe throwing, and fort building are his favorite hobbies. Tatum’s future goals are to “make bank, have kids, fly fish…in that order.” His ideal spouse is a good, Christian woman that fly fishes. If he had one day left to live, he would fish, hike, or spend time with his mom and granny. In the Mr. PHS competition, Tatum had plans of making his grand entrance in fishing waders with a tux on top. He planned on wearing the smallest trunks he could find along with sunscreen on his nose for the swim competition. His talent for the competition would have been a form of yodeling.

18-year-old 

was born on September 22, 2001 in Livingston, Montana. He is 5’10’’ with auburn hair and brown eyes. Sargis’ favorite song is “Fortunate Son” and his favorite romantic movie is “Twilight.” His favorite place for a special meal is

Tom Sargis

the park because it is “pretty and nice in spring.” Playing guitar is his favorite hobby. His biggest inspiration is Jesus Christ and his biggest pet peeve is hypocrites. Sargis’ most embarrassing moment was when he lied about his age online, pretending to be 28, to fit in with some online communities he is a part of. His future goals are to clean his room. In an ideal spouse, Sargis looks for someone whose values align with his own. If he had one day left to live, he would email everyone in his contacts a comforting bible verse and “find a cozy spot to die, some place with a view.” For the Mr. PHS competition, Sargis would have either played guitar or done comedy as his talent. He would have worn jeans and a flannel for his grand entrance and a swimsuit from the 1920’s for the swim competition.