Parseghian takes over as the new athletic director

Nate Parseghian began as the new activities director this year, having previously worked as a school counselor in Belgrade.  Parseghian will replace Regina Wood, and says that Wood has been super helpful to him during this transition, and he hopes to “pick up right where she left off”.

As the activities director, he will handle everything that the students are involved in outside of the classroom.  This means that he coordinates all sports, activities, and clubs, as well as transportation for sports teams.

Parseghian was the announcer for both Iron Man and Powder Puff games, and he will continue to fill in as an announcer for as long as he has to.  He says that he is still looking for someone to be the “Voice of the Rangers”, and announce all of the home games.

Parseghian says that he has enjoyed being able to meet all of the staff and students so far, and he feels that the transition will be smooth.  “I felt really welcomed here” Parseghian said.  He also added that one of the first things that he noticed was how nice the Park High facility is. From watching the homecoming assembly, he noted that Park High was a small school, but with a strong involvement in activities, and competitive sports programs for not having as large of numbers as other schools.

Parseghian said that he is still learning about Park High’s traditions, and he learned a lot from homecoming week.  He loved the energy and enthusiasm that he saw from the students.  Parseghian hopes to give students a positive experience while in high school.  He wants them to have good experiences while involved with activities, so when students leave and look back on their high school years he hopes students “enjoyed themselves, made friends, and had good experiences”.

One thing close to Parseghian’s heart is the football program.  Parseghian played football while in high school, and as a kicker played for Miami University of Ohio, the same school that Ben Roethlisberger played for.  He also helped coach football at the college level.  Parseghian said that he had a great experience with activities while in high school, and he hopes to get the football program back as soon as possible.  He said that it will have to be a unified effort, and it will involve administration, families, students, coaches, and athletes. Parseghian plans to take the setback head on.