Maddie Coon

Angel Woods assists in a stunt during practice

Coach Woods making good first impressions

The Park High cheer team has recently undergone a change which will bring new leadership and excitement to the school.  Angel Woods saw in the local newspaper that the coaching position was open at Park High.  Since moving to Livingston from Dillon, Montana about six years ago, she had been interested in wanting to coach the cheer team.  In Dillon, she coached the JV and varsity cheer teams during the regular seasons and then took them to competitions in the spring.

Since Woods was a freshman in high school at Dillon, she was involved in cheer.  After graduating, she returned to the Beavers and coached them for two years.  Woods was offered the coaching position for the Bozeman Hawks but it wasn’t a good fit for her family

So far this year Woods has rebuilt the cheer program.  Coach Woods has been getting the students more involved than in recent history.  Both Woods and the captains have come up with themed football and volleyball games, such as Hawaiian and glow in the dark.  The cheerleaders are handing out pompoms and noise makers to the student section and getting them more involved with the cheers.  Her goal is to build more school spirit.

“School spirit has been better than ever this year,” one student said.

Going into the basketball season, Coach Woods has created a small JV team, of seven girls.  She hopes that the spirit for basketball is just as good or better than the fall sport season.

The Geyser • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in